QR Registration No.
1/9/2021 – 31/8/2026
MODE OF STUDY
Full time / Part time
Full time – 4 years
Part time – 6 years
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
Chinese supplemented with English as the official medium of instruction. English supplemented with Chinese is the medium of instruction for General Education courses. The English and Chinese languages learning courses are conducted in their respective languages.
For details, please refer to BCM Programme Handbook 2023-24.
Bachelor of Christian Ministry (Honours) Programme
The Programme aims to:
- Provide students with a broad curriculum of theological knowledge, biblical knowledge, and pastoral leadership and care.
- Equip students with the biblical and theological foundations of evangelism.
- Provide students with knowledge in general education and life and character education.
- Nurture students to become servant leaders to exemplify the C.H.R.I.S.T. (Commitment, Humility, Resilience, Integrity, Service and Teamwork) values.
- Prepare students to serve as a pastor or teacher, pursue further study, or serve in various organisations operated with Christian values (graduates will have to undergo further specialised training if they wish to become a pastor).
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs)
The programme intended learning outcomes (PILOs) of the Programme are classified into two aspects, “To do” and “To be”. The former focuses on instruction of knowledge and skills while the latter focuses on developing the character of students. The PILOs are:
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a breadth of understanding of theological and biblical knowledge and a Christian worldview.
- Analyse, outline, interpret, and critically reflect on biblical scriptures for application to the contemporary context in ministry, preaching, or teaching.
- Demonstrate the skills for leading individuals or communities in spiritual understanding and growth.
- Demonstrate the skills of a ministry practitioner in written and oral communication and the critical analysis and evaluation of information and ideas.
- Be prepared to serve as a pastor or teacher, serve in various organisations operated with Christian values, or pursue further study in related disciplines (graduates will have to undergo further specialised training if they wish to become a pastor).
Graduates will become:
- Persons who holistically integrate knowledge, “CHRIST” values, and faith.
- Servant leaders who apply the principles of the Bible to contribute to the well-being of the world with Christian love, creativity, and a global perspective.
- Life-long learners who have the expertise and skills to independently and critically examine knowledge related to and beyond their profession.
- Principled individuals who are committed to building a Christ-centered life.
The Year 1 entry requirements of the Programme are as follows:
- Level 3 in Chinese Language and English Language and Level 2 in Mathematics and Liberal Studies in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination. Applicants’ scores in elective subjects will be considered as bonus points in the selection process; OR
- Secondary school graduates from other education systems with results comparable to the above; OR
- Hold an equivalent qualification; and
- Pass an admission interview.
The Year 3 entry requirements of the Programme are as follows:
- An Associate Degree or Higher Diploma in a related discipline; OR
- An equivalent qualification; and
- Pass an admission interview.
- Completed and been assessed on 42 courses;
- Obtained an overall GPA of 2.0 or above;
- Obtained Grade D or better across 42 courses;
- Obtained Grade C or better in the Honours Project course;
- Completed 20 hours of community service;
- Completed 20 hours of In-house service; and
- Fulfilled an attendance requirement of not less than 80% in all courses and College Assembly.
The Bachelor of Christian Ministry (Honours) Programme is designed specifically to provide the professional training as stated in the programme objectives. Graduates are thus well prepared to practice ministry as a pastor or teacher or serve in various non-profit organizations. For example, graduates may apply for positions in these settings:
- Church settings: Preacher, Church Administrator, etc.
- Christian education settings: School Pastor, Religious Education Teacher (with additional professional teacher training), etc.
- Human service settings: family service settings, social service settings, funeral service settings (for those who take up electives related to funeral service) and government positions, etc.
Further Study Opportunities
- The Programme is designed to equip students with the knowledge, skills and academic qualifications for further study in Hong Kong, mainland China and overseas.
- Graduates can apply to related post-graduate programmes such as divinity, religious studies, Christian ministry, counselling, and social service management. As graduates of an accredited bachelor’s degree programme, they can be admitted to post-graduate diploma/certificate programmes in education if they wish to teach subjects such as religious studies in primary and secondary schools.
- Examples of such programmes include:
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Christian Studies
- Master of Theology
- Teacher professional training programmes such as the Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate in Education
- Lives of Servant Leaders
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Chinese for Professionals
- English for Academic Purposes
- Christian Ministry
- Introduction to Counselling
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Systematic Theology
- Introduction to the New Testament
- Major Elective #1
- Major Elective #2
- Servant Leadership
- Public Speaking and Presentation
- Critical Thinking
- GE Elective #1
- GE Elective #2
- Major Elective #3
- Major Elective #4
- Major Elective #5
- Introduction to Statistics
- Research Methods for Social Sciences
- Biblical Theology
- Personal Growth
- The Pentateuch
- Gospels and Acts
- The Histories
- Paul and His Letters
- Major Elective #6
- GE Elective #3
- GE Elective #4
- The Psalms and Wisdom Literature
- General Epistles and Revelation
- Christian Ethics
- The Prophets
- Ecclesiastical History
- Major Elective #7
- Major Elective #8
- Honours Project
*The above study plan is subject to change.